18|8 Fine Men's Salon

It hasn't exactly been a recent development for men to pamper themselves. The problem most men face, what exactly does pampering yourself mean? For many men it means running the car through the car wash. A car wash is manly of course, but you know what else is manly? Sharp blades. Like so sharp you could shave with them. Which leads us to 18|8 Fine Men's Salon. When they first contacted me, they asked if I'd like to be treated to a haircut. Yes, but you'd be wasting your talents I told them. How about a straight razor shave they countered.
OH YEAH, now you're talking.
The first thing I wondered, what is 18|8?
Their answer: "In 1913, Sheffield England, Harry Brearly discovered that adding 18% chromium and 8% nickel to steel eliminated the tendency for it to oxidize and rust. The formula, known as 18|8, transformed steel into better looking and better performing stainless steel. Just as 18|8 makes steel look and perform better, our vision and mission at 18|8 Fine Men's Salon is to help our clientele transform themselves to look and perform their best."
OK, with that out of the way I made my way into the salon and was greeted with a welcoming smile and a coffee. My kind of place already. If you've never had the opportunity to have a straight razor shave it starts with a series of hot towels and applications of different lotions to the face. Then the shaving begins. There is one very sharp straight razor but during the whole process I was in the skilled hands of stylist Marx Sizemore with 28 years of barber experience. It's a strange sensation, you can literally feel every hair exploding off your face as the razor shears it from its roots. It's intense.

18|8
18|8
18|8
18|8
And I stifle a laugh when Marx grabs my nose so he can shave up close. I imagine Bugs Bunny in his rendition of the Barber of Seville shaving Elmer Fudd.
18|8
18|8
18|8
If this is what women feel like at the spa I can see why they're so popular, so pampered so relaxed. And afterwards, I was grinning like a madman and couldn't stop touching my cheeks, I've never had a shave this close before, my face was softer than a baby's butt.
18|8 provides complete services to prepare for special events such as weddings. I could see bachelor parties or any other group of guys preparing for a special day to take advantage of the services that 18|8 offers.
18|8 Fine Men's Salon is located at 3110 Vandercar Way Cincinnati OH 45209 in Oakley Station.
Photo credits goes to Ms. 5chw4r7z[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment