Yellow Springs, my ride from hell

I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking, I can't even recall how it all came about. Somewhere along the line I found out Chas was riding up to Bowling Green and since I knew John up in Yellow Springs I thought it would be a brilliant idea to ride Yellow Springs with Chas and then ride back to Cincinnati by myself. Never mind I have built my body up for 25 minute sprints to UC and back from downtown. Don't get me wrong, the scenery was beautiful, saw some deer and a ton of other wildlife. But wow was I exhausted.
I had all these plans of touring Yellow Springs, especially the brewery which turned out was closed on Tuesdays so I was out of luck anyhow. But we decided to sit down for a second and relax after dinner before heading out again, I woke up around midnight and just went back to sleep. We were the worst house guests ever.
The next morning I woke up in Yellow Springs and thought, good gawd I have to ride back to Cincinnati!
My knees hurt so bad I was shocked every time I glanced down at them and they weren't bruised. 160 miles in two days is no joke.
I tweeted during the ride that I would laugh about it one day. But not today. I'm almost ready to laugh about it.

And we're ready to go...
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Untitled
No idea where this is but I heard its slatted for rehab into apartments.
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
supposedly all these mythical creatures inhabit Yellow Springs. Unless they were having a laugh at my expense.
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
At 7 am I was shouting shut up legs!!
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Its a shame that this bridge is actually kinda of beautiful but most people will never see it.
Yellow Springs Bike Ride
Yellow Springs Bike Ride[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
2 comments

1 comment:

  1. The old factory is the Peters Cartridge Co. in Kings Mills, near Mason. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peters_Cartridge_Company

    ReplyDelete