Oktoberfest'n

I've always felt like the Cincinnati Oktoberfest wasn't really for downtowners. And apparently there are people who agree with me. Last year Moerlein's "Uber Tent" sprang up and this year in addition to that was Rhinegeist's Franz Fest.
It helps that the Rhinegeist guys are just like us. Except that they brew awesome beer!
Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest
Got some scuttlebutt while I was there, they're expanding the brewery into another floor and will begin canning at some point. What excited me the most is the possibility of a Tazza Mia coffee stout! I'd had a few beers at that point so the coffee stout might have been wishful thinking on my part.
Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest
All that said we did end up cruising through the county fair on steroids for a quick beer.
Oktoberfest
Oktoberfest
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
4 comments

4 comments:

  1. By 8:00, the downtown Oktoberfest was absolutely impenetrable. Looked like a 40 minute wait for food, beer or toilets. I keep meaning to get over to Rhinegeist to check that out. They're programming some free live music during Midpoint this weekend, so that may be the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Oktoberfest needs rethinking. It's not even remotely like an oktoberfest, its just a crap ton of people, pretending to be german for a day, packed into a small space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I HEAVILY agree, it has gotten A LOT better in the last 5 years. No more La Rosa's or Skyline booths. Now the only "non German" food tent I saw was Andy's Mediterranean, but they were serving goetta, so I gave them a pass. Yes it's still not 100% but they gave gotten immensely better! I only counted 2 Bud/Miller booths this year!

      Delete