wild NYE

Wild as in wild food specificly.
It seemed like the 'nomerati had been talking about cooking a leg of wild boar forever, but was hedging about hosting a party at her place. Never one to pass up an opportunity for a party we volunteered the tweetdeck without hesitation.
I don't know how I got lucky enough to be friends with some of them people I know, but I'm extremely fortunate.
Laura appeared with most of what she needed and took off Monday morning cooking away, I just tried to stay out het way and hand her something once in awhile.

Bone in wild boar leg from Broken Arrow Ranch, wild pigs in blanket made with venison, wild boar, chicken and rabbit. Salade Lyonnaise with duck eggs. Then top it off with desert, homemade ice cream and peanut brittle from Adorkandhispork and cage free apple pie that I made. Food from some of the best cooks in the city. My head is still spinning.
The first thing Laura did was tape up two Gant charts for cooking. This cracked me up all day but I can't argue with the results.

NYE 2012
The boar leg weights in at 10lbs, Laura at 90, maybe I should have helped instead of snapping pictures.
NYE 2012
NYE 2012
NYE 2012
NYE 2012
NYE 2012
After the majority of the prep was done, David and Laura started enjoying the festivities and relaxed.
NYE 2012
I still think from this end the leg looks like a fish drug up from the depths of the Pacific.
The boar wasn't gamey like I thought it would be, it actually tasted more like beef to me but maybe it was because of the texture.
Add in good drinks and company and it equals a memorable evening.
NYE 2012
NYE 2012
NYE 2012
NYE 2012
[where: 45202] best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati

comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment