Bag Pipes

Anyone else been to Bag Pipes yet? We popped in Monday night for the Grand Opening, drank a gallon of free beer and staggered home. I'm not getting impression that its going to be the college bar that Sullys was, so if they keep up a minimum level of customer service the corner won't be the kiss of death that it was to Sully's and Red Fish.
And make no mistake, I don't buy the "OH MY, we get no support" BS, downtown is a very competitive spot for a bar or restaurant. Take your eyes off the target or lose your focus for a minute and your business is toast. Downtown customers are the most open minded, demanding and new experience oriented customers there are.
How will Bag Pipes do? They have a good selection of beer, but that said I'll still walk past them to get to The Lackman, Neon's and Nicholson's. But I can see myself popping in for the odd beer with friends if thats where they're heading.

Bagpipes
Bagpipes
Bagpipes
Bagpipes

They had a cover band playing all night interspersed with bagpipes. I'm keeping an eye on the schedule for that Irish punk band I saw a few years ago on Fountain Square, I'll be there for that one.
Bagpipes
Bagpipes
Bagpipes

I still look back with fond memories living in the Groton above Bag Pipes and in the Gramercy, both managed by Towne Properties.
I've said it a zillion times and I'll say it again, those guys get it, costumer centric because what else matters when you're renting apartments? they never lost the plot.
A big part of that were these two helping making life downtown just a little better.
Bagpipes

Good times
Bagpipes
Bagpipes


BagPipes Irish Pub on Urbanspoon[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
2 comments

2 comments:

  1. The place looks great, but why don't these guys have ANY web presence whatsoever? No web site, no twitter, no Facebook... seriously, it's 2011 guys, wtf?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its definitely not a good idea for them to let me define the bar, they need to get out in front of this and talk about what the place is.

    ReplyDelete