Sunday in the Park with Jackie

There's a reason small towns have that quaint and picturesque reputation, mostly because they're so quaint and picturesque. Walking around Chillicothe with Jackie, her brother, his girlfriend and another friend I couldn't help grinning ear to ear looking around trying to take it all in. And every shop we entered or left they'd see someone they knew, I forget sometimes how cool that is. And quiet, it was so quiet I thought my ears would pop. Now before you think I've lost my mind here let me frame this, I grew up in a very small town so I know how this works. You know everyone yes, but the downside is they're all up in your biz-ness. But I wouldn't let those thoughts drag me Sunday, no I was enjoying it too much.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Chillicothe, Ohio
Chillicothe, Ohio

a horse and carraige, never saw one of those before
Chillicothe, Ohio
Chillicothe, Ohio
Chillicothe, Ohio

Yoctangee Park was "donated" to Chillicothe in 1906 by the Logan tribe of redmen, at least what a plaque said, can't find anything online about it.
Not sure whats more amazing, that Indians still lived in the area in 1906 or that they loved white people sooo much they gave them the park.
Chillicothe, Ohio

This concession stand has been operating for 40 some years although they claimed to have never bought anything there.
Chillicothe, Ohio

As I've rushed full speed ahead through my life propelled by momentum I've been lucky enough that every so often someone has appeared, planted a foot, grabbed my hand and changed my trajectory. She'd rolled her eyes to hear me say it, but I really can't imagine what my life would be like right now if we hadn't met.
Did you see the movie Social Network when Sean Parker turns to Mark Zuckerberg and tells him "drop the the"?
That really reminded me of Jackie. She would droop those pearls once in awhile and 3 years later my blog is what it is.
Chillicothe, Ohio
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio the ethos of Cincinnati
1 comments

1 comment:

  1. It was such a huge gift to be able to introduce you to my hometown - and to my loved ones! Awesome to get to see you finally, but next time bring Erin Marie - I miss you both so much. You rock!

    ReplyDelete