Strip District

Going through old pictures on a CD I found buried in a drawer, I discovered these of Pittsburgh's Strip District . Ms. 5chw4r7z had taken an Cultural Anthropology class and for a field trip they decide to eat their way down the strip. If you've never heard of it, think Findlay market but 6 or 7 blocks long food vendors, grocers, bars and restaurants mixed in with commercial suppliers makes for a dynamic little neighborhood. Now back then I wasn't as an adventurous at eating as I am now so you can imagine what I went through. Ms 5chw4r7z got sick on sushi which turned me off of it for years before I even tried it.
What really struck me about these pictures though, is if I didn't know any better, I might just think these were Cincinnati, the old church, the hills and old ghost signs.

Pittsburg 2003
Pittsburg 2003
Pittsburg 2003
Pittsburg 2003

St Stanislaus I think, every time I look at it I think Music Hall for a split second.
Pittsburg 2003
Pittsburg 2003
[where: 45202]best place to learn how to live downtown cincinnati ohio
3 yins guys

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, Bob! I love the Strip so much (of course). Ever since we moved here, I'm always thinking eagerly "if Findlay Market just keeps growing..." It definitely has a similar, eclectic feel. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how similar Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are. From architecture to even the way some of the bridges look. Hell we've even followed the same stadium building philosophies for the past 30 years. One advantage I will give Pittsburgh over Cincinnati is its light rail. However, I still hate the Steelers with a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been through Pittsburgh once, on my way to NYC. When I first came to Cincinnati, one of my first thoughts was about how much it resembled Pittsburgh. Small world...

    ReplyDelete